Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wyoming in the Spotlight

Last night, a little after 7:00 p.m., I glanced out the window and everything looked kind of lit up. I went out on the deck and could see that it was raining, but in between the rain clouds there was bright sunshine peeking through. It was hitting the tops of the trees about a block over. These photos don't really do it justice but you can kind of see how they were being spotlighted.


Then, I looked to one side and I saw part of a rainbow through the trees. Can you see it? It wasn't there very long but it was just so unexpected. Remember, we were buried in snow earlier this week. It was like a gift and it seemed to color the whole sky.

When I looked the other direction I was treated with beautiful lighting on the mountain. It was so bright and crisp! Moments after I took this photo the clouds moved and the scene dulled. I felt so grateful for that I'd walked out onto our deck, in the rain, at just the right time to enjoy show.


"For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land." (Psalm 95:3-5)

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

gorgeous!
i love those amazing gift from God moments.
He is the great God. His works are wonderful. I know that full well.

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...