Sunday, December 30, 2012

Mixing It Up a Bit

I was rushing around, hurrying to get out the door and head to church.  I had set out two pairs of earrings earlier in the morning, undecided as to which pair I would be wearing.

Both pairs were actually made by my Grandma Rose.  She always wore dangling earrings and when I wear them, I like thinking of her.  She was so creative, always making things.  That is why our Etsy store, Wyoming Rose Boutique, was named after her.

Anyway...  just as I was leaving the bathroom I glanced in the mirror as I was tucking my hair behind my ears.  What I saw made me chuckle at myself.  I had picked up one earring from each pair.  Of course, I had to get my camera.  That seems pretty dumb but any blogger who tries to post daily knows that EVERYTHING seems like a potential post.  




A few minutes later, just before I pulled out of the driveway, I realized I still had NOT TAKEN OFF THE MISMATCHED PAIR! I was running late so I just took them out and headed on down the road.

THEN, I thought about a new fad I've seen many times now... mismatched but coordinating socks.  Have you seen that?  You can even buy a pair of mismatched socks!  Now, that is a fashion statement that seems kind of sensible to me.  We all lose socks, right? Well, now you can just pair up the left-over singles.  It is practical AND cool.


Well, I asked myself, "Why not?"  I put on the mismatched earrings and went on in to church.  I have to say, I did feel kind of cool all morning.  As far as I know, only one person even noticed but I'm hoping it will catch on.



No comments:

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...