Friday, June 01, 2012

Joining in on 5 Question Friday

One of the blogs I enjoy reading is My Little Life.  On Fridays there I see the 5 Question Friday link up.  I always think, "Someday I will try that!"  So, today I am going to give it a try.  It's a blog hop!

If you don't know what a blog hop is, read this definition directly from the Linky folks:

"What is a blog hop?

A blog hop is a linky list that is SHARED ON MULTIPLE BLOGS.
When several blogs put the same linky list code on their blog, the
exact same list appears on each blog.

Blog visitors can submit their entries on any blog that contains the list.
The entries will appear on each blog where the list resides.

Blog readers see the same list on each blog, and can "HOP" from blog
to blog seeing the same list of links to follow: BLOG HOP!"
If you have a blog and want to join in, here are the rules for 5 Question Friday (5QF):

"Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!"  

Here are the questions as well as my answers.  Even if you don't have a post, you can answer the questions in my comments section if you'd like!

1. What were you scared of as a kid?
     I remember that I was pretty frightened by rattle snakes.  We lived near a place called Rattle Snake Hill for awhile and we saw plenty of them.  Even after we moved from there I had scary rattle snake dreams for years, even into adulthood!

2. Do you sleep well in a hotel?
     I absolutely LOVE sleeping in a hotel!  Really, I love it.  I admit that all the stories about bedbugs has been a bit off-putting but I still love it.  I don't know that I really sleep all that well but even when I wake up in the night, I enjoy just knowing that I'm waking up in a hotel, a place where I am not in charge of making the beds, doing dishes, etc.  OK, sometimes I still make the beds but it just looks nice that way.  I don't want the maids to think we are pigs.



3. If you could meet any celebrity, dead or alive, who and why?
     I long wanted to meet John Denver.  My husband was a big fan of John Denver music so I paid attention to him as well.  Listening to his music, I started thinking that John Denver was searching for something, some kind of forgiveness and peace.  I thought we could point him in the right direction for that.  I wanted to bring him home for dinner and let he and Mike get to know each other.  Maybe Mike could have counseled he and Annie and they could have stayed together, filling up each other's senses with sunshine all over their shoulders in the Rocky Mountains... HIGH in the Rocky Mountains.



4. It's a hot summer day. Do you prefer to be pool side or at the beach?
     Absolutely the beach!  I enjoy a nice pool and love the smell of chlorine (not kidding), but watching the power and the beauty of a natural body of water is by far my preference... the bigger the body of water, the better!  Take me to the ocean any day!




5. What is your favorite summer dish?
     No particular "dish" came to mind but a fresh, juicy peach makes me all happy!  I don't want an imposter peach!  You know what I mean, the kind that look delicious, maybe even have lots of juice, but no flavor.  Nope.  I want one that is sweet AND juicy AND pretty.  I want to eat it while sitting on a wrap-around porch with the juice running down my arm.  By the way?  Do you eat the skin on peaches?  Not for me.  I tried and tried because I think that seems all mother earthy but I just don't like the fuzz. 


There!  I finally joined up for 5 Question Friday and I'm kind of proud of myself!  Join me if you'd like, or just click on some of the other blogs in the list.  Have fun!

6 comments:

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

I liked John Denver's music too.

Maria Rose said...

Funt o read. Thanks for sharing. I eat the peach fuzz because I am far too lazy to peel it.

Amanda @ Life, Experience Needed said...

A juicy peach is Wonderful on a warm sunny day, I agree.

New follower from 5QF
http://lifeexperienceneeded.blogspot.ca/

Gobetween Flames said...

Bed bugs are horrible things. This was my first attempt at the 5QF ... hope I did it right?

Onlythemanager said...

Yes, they are horrible!

And, as far as I know, you did everything just right. I'm new at this as well.

Thanks for stopping by!

AKM said...

John Denver! Love that guy. Still get sad every 12 Oct, but he still gave us so many gifts of music by which we can remember him. :-)

I like hanging out in hotels -- because usually it's with family, on a trip, laughing and being silly -- but I have a hard time sleeping anywhere but my own bed. Even at my mom's or my grandma's...go figure!

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...