Sunday, January 04, 2015

Return to Sender

Here is a funny/absurd thing that happened. I had to send in a payment for a PO Box last month. I wrote the address exactly as it was on my bill but a few weeks later it came back marked as "not deliverable". How can a letter to the postmaster be undeliverable?!  

Once, many years ago, I received a letter from my sister-in-law.  She and my brother had been married over a year at that time. As I read her letter I grew more and more confused by the things she had written. It was evident that she wasn't in Texas where they were living at the time. 

Eventually it occurred to me to look at the postscript and when I did I found that it had been mailed to me more than a year earlier, before they married and moved to Texas!

Have you any weird mail stories? Please note, I am not asking for any weird male stories, although that could be funny as well.

I hope you all have a nice week. I will try to check back in soon.



1 comment:

Maria Rose said...

No, but I still get mail for the previous owner of my home, whom you know is deceased, and I feel somehow like it is a good thing..,like someone thinks about her every day.

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...