Friday, February 21, 2014

Notes From Work

I've had a cold this week. I wore a mask at work so I wouldn't share my germs with patients. I had a bit of a coughing fit and a coworker gave me a cinnamon candy to soothe my throat. Later, after more coughing, I realized my mask smelled really nice, rather cinnamony. I just thought you would like to know that.

One of the jokes I put up on my board this week said, "I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey but I turned myself around." Did that make you smile?

People who get motion sickness are more likely to have nausea and vomiting from anesthesia. Because of this, every day, over and over and over, I ask people about motion sickness as I take their health history. Usually, that isn't a very memorable question. One day this week, though, I accidentally changed it up a bit. I asked a MAN, "Do you have any problems with MORNING sickness?" Oops.

THEN, I was looking through some doctor's notes (not one of our doctors) that were in a patient's file. I cracked up when I read this...

    She is a well nourished, well developed male.
Uh, ok.


No comments:

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...