Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What Do We Have a Life For Anyway?

So, today I have a deep question to put before you.  Mike often uses illustrations from our life in his sermons.  One of Mike's sermons began with a question that our son, Ben, asked when he was just a little guy.  


Here's a look at our young philosopher...


His questions was this:

"What do we have a life for anyway?"

Anybody have a good answer for him?  

Mike couldn't remember how he answered way back then but this time his answer pointed us to God.
I admit I don't remember the words 
Mike used but this is what I came away with...

We have a life to praise and worship God.
Our life is to be used to his glory and honor.
We have a life because God loves us.





Thank-you for stopping by. Feel free to use my photos but please link them back to my blog. I am honored if you wish to share content of any of my posts on Facebook, Twitter, etc. as long as it is linked back to my blog.

2 comments:

Pam Brewer said...

I think our life and purpose is a mystery. Wake up in the morning and put one foot in front of the other in the best way you know how! God appears in the smallest, most ordinary things. I pray for the eyes to see.

Petra said...

Sooner or later we all ask that question. I like your answers. Man was created to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever. The fall has put a big wedge between, but God has sent us His remedy. Blessings!

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...