Friday, November 25, 2011

Bonus Day!

The truth is, I was just hoping to survive this week.  I've been plowing ahead through many busy days in a row with my job, church events and craft fair days.  It has all been good, but I was already tired when this week started.  Here's a breakdown of the last few days. 

Monday:  I worked from 7:00 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. before going to a meeting at church.  I got home about 9:30 p.m., ate a little supper and was just getting ready for bed when Bode had diarrhea on the new carpet.   After scrubbing that up, I crashed.  Bode was sick again a few times in the night but Mike took care of it so I could rest.  I love Mike. 

Tuesday:  I worked 7:00 a.m. until 7:30 p.m.  I can't remember what I did that evening but I remember that Mike told me he missed me.  He was also tired, having been up in the night with Bode.  Did I mention that I love Mike?

Wednesday morning I made pies for Thanksgiving and did some errands.  After that, Sam and I picked up Maria and Cordy and met Mike at the mall for our weekly lunch at the food court.  I then came home and took a nap as Wednesday night I was scheduled to work my first night shift in years.  I worked 7:00 p.m. until 7:30 a.m.

Wednesday:  After getting home from work just before 8:00 a.m. I ate a little breakfast, plopped some frozen rolls out to thaw and went to bed.  Although I never did very well with sleeping during the day, I had a new plan.  I took a Benadryl and put on a pair of those eye coverings for sleeping.  What are they called?  Anyway, I put in a CD of sleepytime music to cover up day noises, set my alarm for 2:00 p.m. and fell immediately to sleep.  My alarm went off and I jumped up to see my clock said 5:00 p.m.!  I panicked, as we were to go to Maria and Eric's at 3:00!  Well, it was actually only 10:30.  Lesson learned, don't set your clock and alarm when you are too tired to see straight.  I went back to sleep until almost 1:00, waking with plenty of time to bake the rolls. 

After all that, we enjoyed a lovely dinner at Maria and Eric's.  Cordelia was in top form.  She greeted us and said "Happy Thanksgibbing" many times.


I was so grateful to Maria for taking on the responsibility of the family dinner. 


We usually go to my Mom's a few hours away but with my work schedule that wasn't feasible.  Although I was missing my Mom and all the family that we usually saw for Thanksgiving, I felt grateful to have this time with Sam, Mike, Maria, Eric and Cordelia.  I really missed Ben and Sara but was I was happy knowing they were with Sara's family for Thanksgiving. 

I just relaxed and enjoyed being a guest...



Maria had gone all out.  We enjoyed a beautiful meal, all vegan.  I ate so much I felt a little bit miserable for awhile but it was worth it. 



After that, I enjoyed time with Cordelia up in her room while Maria cleaned up and the guys watched some football. 



Eventually Cordy had everyone up in her room, most of us taking turns in the playhouse with her.  It was wonderful!  Later, the guys went out to watch more football while we girls came to our house to watch Netflix and let the dogs play. 

So today, I am still in my jammies just relaxing for awhile.  It feels like a bonus day with only good things planned.  I am NOT going shopping!  Black Friday scares me.  Instead, I will be crocheting.  Technically it is work as I am fulfilling Christmas orders for Wyoming Rose Boutique, but it feels like fun.  Right now I am working on a mother-daughter set of matching ponchos and hats.



Cordy will be here for lunch and snuggle time.  We'll watch the Wonder Pets, rock and likely have a snuggle nap.  Mike and I may go to a movie later.  See what I mean?  It's bonus day!

2 comments:

Niqui said...

We DO LOVE a bonus day :) I hope that yours was fabulous! It was well deserved.

Your family looks wonderful. Family time is so very precious.

Have a super week-end
xx

EJN said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds restful! How wonderful.
Have a great day.
Blessings,
Jojo

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...