Thursday, July 28, 2011

Vacation for a Day... Installment #3

OK... let's wind this thing up, shall we?  I've saved the most interesting part for last...


Thermopolis, WY
Home of the World's Largest Mineral Hot Springs!

There are hot springs popping up all over the place, flowing down to the river.  Some places smell pretty strong of sulphur (think rotten eggs) so all your senses get involved.









We left Thermopolis and went through the Wind River Canyon, through some tunnels, and out near Boysen Lake.  The beauty just came coming at us!



And when I wasn't driving, I crocheted as we rolled along....


It was a day to remember!

Thanks for patiently letting me document such a lovely day!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! Haven't seen that reservoir that full in a l.o.n.g time! Thanks for taking up along on your trip!! Great pics, great memories for me.

Maria Rose said...

Wow, you really covered a lot of ground!

Pam B. said...

I miss Wyoming!

Onlythemanager said...

Kate, thanks for coming along! Maria, yep! And Pam, come baaaaack! Actually, Pam, I thought of you as we went s-l-o-w-l-y through Shoshoni. :-)

GOW said...

We drove to Thermopolis in February and spent the night at the Best Western. Had a very nice room and even went soaking in their outdoor hot tub. It was 20 degrees F. The water was wonderful but we didn't spent much time out of it. Ice crystals formed on our hair. I hope we can go that way next time we visit Ang and family in CO. I'd love to spend a couple nights there.

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...