Sunday, May 22, 2011

Graduation Message to Sam

 


Our baby, Sam, is graduating high school today! 

I'm a little bit stunned, actually.  We have had a child in the public school system for the last 25 years!  This is going to feel kind of strange.


It was not so long ago that I walked 5 yr old Sam to school for the first time.  He didn't cry, but I did.  I think  it was a scary day for him, but he handled it like a man.  He was such a cute little guy!



He's grown up now... WAY up!  He's somewhere around 6'3" now!



Sam's entering that phase of life when he will have to make a lot of decisions.  Paths are chosen that will likely affect the rest of his life.  There are many unknowns.  That might be a bit terrifying but also very exciting.

I read this prayer in a church bulletin sometime in the past.  It has given me strength when I faced new challenges, and  I want to give it to Sam now, in the hope that it will do the same for him.


O God,
you have called your servants
to ventures of which we cannot see the ending,
by paths as yet untrodden,
through perils unknown. 
Give us faith to go out with good courage,
not knowing where we go, 
but only that your hand is leading us
 and your love supporting us;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen

Congratulations, Sammer!  I love you and I am proud of you!  I can't wait to see the paths you choose and the adventures you have along the way.

And as always, Remember WHO's you are!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

enjoy the BIG day!! I cried reading this...and thinking how fast time flies when you are a parent...smiles

Onlythemanager said...

Yes, it really does fly! Sorry I made you cry... I think I'd better be sure to take some kleenex to graduation just in case!

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...