Friday, August 01, 2014

A Clock and a Ring

I took several photos of the clock tower at the Citadel before I decided to follow the sidewalk right up to its door.





It was not at all what I expected inside.
First of all, the temperature was cool
and felt wonderful!

I didn't follow up the staircase but I thought it was a pretty route to the top.




 It was a columbarium,
a place for storage of the urns holding
cremated remains.
Given that I like walking through cemeteries,
you likely aren't shocked to know this place
seemed very peaceful to me.


Another unexpected thing we discovered was this...




Yes, that is a giant Citadel Class Ring.

1 comment:

Allen said...

WOW and WOW very novel idea

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...