Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Peaceful Anticipation

I don't know why, but yarn just fills me with a peaceful anticipation. A new skein of yarn...so nice! I love to feel it, squeeze it and plan a future for it. A skein of yarn is just full of potential.


I really, really love planning new crochet projects. I am usually dreaming up things for Wyoming Rose Boutique but this next project is more important. It is for my sister, Tina. It is not a secret; she knows about it. That is, she knows I am going to make some sort of poncho for her. She also knows it will be purple. She loves purple! But, she doesn't really know what it will look like as I don't know yet myself.

Yesterday Lisa left a comment that she wants to learn to crochet like me. Well, Lisa, here's how it goes for me. I mess around for quite some time as I try different crochet stitches. I look online and/or through crochet magazines and books. I pretty much never actually use a pattern. Even when I do, I find I keep changing it up. Often I study pictures of things that I like and then I try to figure out how it was made. It involves a lot of guessing. I admit that I often waste a lot of time before I even get going. Then, halfway through a project I think of ways I want to change it up.

So, I'm going to touch this yarn, squeeze it a bit and see if I can figure out what this purple yarn wants to be. I'll let you know how it goes!



3 comments:

Lisa (aka Mollie's mom) said...

That yarn is gorgeous and I'm certain that your sister is going to cherish what you make for her. Thank you for explaining that you don't really use a pattern, because I look at those instructions and they leave my slightly dyslexic brain spinning. (I actually can read and write, it just takes me longer.)

affectioknit said...

I totally know what you mean...

~Have a lovely day!

Kate said...

I haven't learned how to crochet yet. I only know how to knit and the idea of switching now is a bit daunting. I appreciate how effortless good crochet artists and knitters make things look, though.

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...