Monday, November 11, 2013

Netflix and Googling

I was sick this past week-end. I started thinking maybe something was coming on Friday afternoon at work. By the time I arrived home, I knew I wasn't quite healthy. It was just a little virus or something, the usual achy muscles, sore throat and headache. It wasn't that big of a deal but I stayed home the whole week-end. I wasn't so sick that I couldn't have powered through but why share stuff like that with everyone else if you don't have to?

Saturday evening I was shopping around on Netflix for a series to start and I found Emily Owens, MD. I started watching it and liked it right away.The main character reminded me of someone, though. The more I watched her, the more she reminded me of a young Meryl Streep. She even sounded like her!

I don't know much about her personally but I have always admired Meryl Streep as an actress. I have always thought she was one of the best ever because she was so versatile.  The following clip demonstrates that point.




The more I watched Emily Owens, MD, the more I thought of Meryl Streep. Well, the great thing about the internet is that you can follow hunches like that. So, I researched and discovered that the main character's name is Mamie Gummer and she is indeed the daughter of Meryl Streep. I was kind of proud of myself. She may actually be her clone; I'm not sure. Google conjured up several photos for me. What do you think?


Look at their identical mouths!


Then, I stumbled upon these photos...

Mamie Gummer and Grace Gummer


Apparently Meryl has two clones.
It just so happens they are both actresses.

Then, I found this photo...

Mamie, Grace and Louisa Gummer

I am not certain that Louisa is an actress, but I'll bet she could be if she wanted to be.

Well, they also have a brother...

Henry Wolfe Gummer

Guest what!? He also acts as well as writes songs and sings.

Good grief! 
What a lot of artistic talent in one family!

I got curious about their Dad, then.


Don Gummer is a sculptor.
I guess that explains the double dosing of creative talent!

This is Don and Meryl in their younger years.


Here is a more recent photo of them.


They've done something right to be able to stay together after
all these years in the spotlight.

After reading more, even watching a couple of more YouTube clips, I came upon Sarah Heyward's blog post about her obession with the Gummers.  Apparently it is easy to get obsessed with this family.

Uuummmm.... maybe I've researched enough.


Photo credits: Thirdage.com, losangeles.cbslocal.com, picstopin.com, espahalfactos.com, zimbio.com, 123people.com, dataloune.com

6 comments:

Mom said...

Now I want to start a Meryl Streep movie marathon! Best actor ever!

Mom said...

By the way...I hope you are feeling much better by now.

Anne Marie said...

Hope your bug has left the building! I loved Emily Owens, and was so disappointed when it was cancelled without even getting a full season. Best show nobody watched!

Susie said...

Maybe I should come up there and we could wear cozy jammies and watch one right after the other.

Susie said...

I worked today. I still seem to have a lingering headache (sinus?) but otherwise much improved.

Sue said...

Thanks! My bug is almost out the door.

I never heard of Emily Owens, MD when it was on. I watched all 13 episodes now!

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...