Thursday, April 04, 2013

April Rain

It's funny, this thing about rain. We've lived in the Pacific Northwest where it was unusual to go several days in a row without rain. We have also lived in Southern New Mexico where it was sometimes months between rains. Wyoming is somewhere in between, actually closer on the spectrum to the dryness of New Mexico I suppose. We've seen floods; we've been through droughts. Last night, though, we got a delightful rain! Like Red Riding Hood's bed, it was JUST RIGHT.

I really love rain the best when it comes with a bit of a storm. I like to hear the thunder! Throw in some lightening and some blustery winds and I'm a happy lady! Then, just when the commotion of a storm is losing its charm, I love that steady pattering on the roof. Doesn't that sound nice?


April Rain Song
Let the rain kiss you
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops
Let the rain sing you a lullaby
The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk
The rain makes running pools in the gutter
The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night
And I love the rain. 


3 comments:

Pam Brewer said...

Your photos are great!

Maria Rose said...

WE left the door open so we could hear the rain beat on the tin patio roof!

Allen said...

Love the rain. Love spring.

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...