Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Prince of the Family

I guess you could say that I married a prince. Well, I kind of did. He is called "The Prince of the Family." Hmmmm....now that I think about it, I'm not sure anyone calls him that but he himself. Nevertheless, he's a prince.

Mike has no brothers and two sisters. Mike was the baby by 6 years. He grew up enjoying the adoration of his loving sisters and somewhere along the way he became known as The Prince of the Family. It is possible that title was only known to him, but I do know his sisters adore him. Well, really, who wouldn't? Right?

Mike takes his princely duties very seriously. Really, if you were going to need a brother, he'd be a great choice. There is not much he wouldn't do for his sisters. He will travel far and wide to be by their side if they need him. He's the same toward his mom. Actually, I think they should honor her by calling her the Queen Mum but they refer to her as "The Big M"... same thing I guess.

Anyway, I woke up this morning thinking about what a loyal man he is toward his family.  I have seen him act very courageously to help a family member. He has the strength of character that all princes should have. 

Mike's princeliness  has served me well for nearly 35 years also. Yep, I married a prince. He often puts his needs behind those of his family, myself included. I am so grateful to be married to this particular prince, but I'd better stop this post now, before his head gets to big for his princely crown.




1 comment:

Maria Rose said...

I am so proud to be the daughter of two very selfless people!

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...