Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ash Wednesday - Beginning of Lent

I did not grow up in a church that observed things like Lent and it has taken me awhile to learn to appreciate it.  I was trying to think of a good way to explain Ash Wednesday and Lent to people who do not know much about it. I happened upon this little video and realized it was a great way to explain it very quickly. I hope you will take the 2 minutes to see it as I think it is very well done and even a bit entertaining.



What about those of you who do observe Lent; how is it meaningful to you?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I enjoyed the video, although parts of it went so fast I had a hard time getting everything read. I especially liked the Lone Ranger and Tonto references! But even the Lone Ranger did not go it completely alone--he had Tonto's help and companionship. A small community. Makes me think of the medieval hermits, who sought holiness in isolation and depriviation, but were often dependent on the donations of others to survive. (Their isolation was definitely not one espoused by Jesus, but they believed they should do it.) The point about community being so very important, biblical, and in tune with our very human needs. God knows us so thoroughly!

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...