Monday, November 05, 2012

An Autumn Hayride for Snow White

Each Autumn friends from church invite the entire congregation to their farm for a hayride.  It is something the kids all really look forward to and the adults enjoy it as well.

This year the hayride wasn't on the usual wagon with hay bales.  It was a bit more uptown, having bench seats and everything.


We enjoyed entertainment from a real cowboy while we waited.  I like this photo.  Do you see the after-shine where the lasso had just been?  I thought that was cool.  I've no idea how that was captured but it no doubt has to do with my remarkable photography skills.  No?


For those of us who don't live on a farm, just seeing a horse close-up is a real treat.


These cows seemed a bit suspicious of me and were trying to get their babies closer to themselves.
I soon left as I didn't want to make them nervous.



Some of the kids enjoyed bobbing for apples.  I just thought they looked pretty.


We enjoyed our meal together, eating in one of their outbuildings.  It felt quite Western.


The best part for me, though, was the late arrival of Snow White.


After waiting and waiting and waiting for Halloween, Cordelia had been sick that day and missed out.  Her parents promised a Halloween II for her and last night was it.  They'd taken her trick-or-treating to a few prearranged homes before coming to the party.  She was so beautiful!  

For me, the thought of showing up at a party in a costume and discovering that everyone else was in regular clothes is rather a nightmare.  Not Cordelia, though.  She has great self-esteem and it did not bother her one little bit that she was the only one in costume.  I guess princesses are just used to standing out in a crowd.


Since she is a Wyoming Princess, adding a jean jacket to her gown seemed appropriate.


I loved this photo of my friend, Nicole, holding Elise.  Elise wasn't in the mood to wear her matching Snow White costume.  She carried off the casual princess look with class, though.


It was a peaceful and beautiful Wyoming evening. 


I wish everyone had a chance to experience this kind of evening in the middle of Wyoming.


3 comments:

EJN said...

Lovely pix! What fun. Have a great week.
Jojo

Maria Rose said...

It was a great way to end Halloween II!

Unknown said...

What a fun event! I'm sure all the other attendees enjoyed the special appearance by Casper's very own Snow White!

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...