Tuesday, March 27, 2012

God Over Money

I want to tell you a happy little story a friend recently told me.   


Our friend's 19 year old son was wearing a t-shirt that said, "God Over Money" when he stopped at a quick stop kind of place.  As he waited in line to pay for his snack items a girl made a disdainful comment about  his t-shirt.  His response was beautiful; he said, "Here, I'll show you."   As he paid for his snacks and told her to set her items on the counter and paid for her's as well!  He then turned and walked out of the store.


Is that not cool?  So simple yet so effective.




(I found this photo on Google Images from jambizzle.com, where you can also buy these t-shirts)


2 comments:

Michelle said...

How wonderful and quick witted! I'd probably develop brain freeze under the pressure of a rude remark. It was a perfect response. Exactly what Jesus meant when he talked about turning the other cheek or doing good to those who are not good to you. This is a witness that spoke a thousand times louder than any amount of explaining or arguing could!

Unknown said...

Awesome, a testimony that needs to be heard everywhere, this inspired me in my responses to rude unbelievers.

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...