Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mike and I, along with many members of our church, are going through 100 days of Bible readings.  We are using the book, The Essential Jesus by Whitney T. Kuniholm.  It is 100 readings that take us through both Old and New Testament readings regarding Jesus.  I sometimes forget how many prophecies from the Old Testament were about Jesus, written long before his birth.  This book is divided into sections and there are thought-provoking questions at the end of each section.  I thought maybe now and then I'd share some of those questions on my blog.  I'd love feed back from anyone, Christian or non-Christian.


How and when did you first learn about Jesus?  Has your understanding of Jesus changed over the years?  If so, how?



On another note, it has been so warm here it is hard to remember that it is January.  Well, all that has changed.  Winter has definitely returned to Wyoming!  These first photos are from last night.  It was so quiet and lovely.






These last photos were just taken a few moments ago.





I don't appreciate all aspects of winter weather but I certainly do appreciate its beauty!



5 comments:

Allen said...

I learned about JESUS very early sometime around 3 or 4 years old. A life changing event in 2003 brought JESUS and an understanding very close to my heart--no pun intended--I knew JESUS for a long time but reality really set in in 2003.

Maria Rose said...

Hey, we got snow here too :)

Unknown said...

I wish we would get snow!! Argh! And I don't even LIKE snow! Well, don't like driving in it. But you're right . . . it's so beautiful. :)

I was introduced to Jesus as a young child. I think my perceptions of Him have changed over the years, but I think that I, too, like Allen, became closer to Jesus due to life changing events -- our inability to conceive. I don't think I'd have gotten through that dark time if it wasn't for the love of Christ.

Emily said...

I love seeing Jesus in the Old Testament. It reminds me of something a Bible study teacher once said to me, "Jesus is concealed in the Old Testament and revealed in the New Testament." What a light bulb moment for me when I understood that the Bible is not a collection of individual stories, but really one BIG story-- all pointing to Jesus, our Rescuer!

I first learned about Jesus from my mom. She always read the Bible to me and lived her life in a way that reflected him. I was at VBS the summer I was seven when I asked Jesus to come live in my heart, and ever since it has been a lifelong journey of loving and knowing him more!

Tonya said...

We just got our first "winter" snowfall as well (I won't count the 18 inches of snow we got in October!) Seems more normal to see snow outside our windows than the brown oak leaves all over the ground.

Jesus. Well, I grew up a Lutheran and went to church regularly, so I learned about him from my family and Sunday school. Must admit I struggle with my faith now...still attend a WONDERFUL Lutheran Church, more for the community and for my kids to receive religious education than for building my faith, unfortunately. Wish it could be different, but it is what it is!

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...