Friday, November 18, 2011

Yay for Bitter Cherry Spray!

Our dining room has sliding glass doors.  For months now they have looked like this...


The window has been bare with no window coverings.  That is because the canine member of this family ATE the previous vertical blinds.  If you remember, he ended up with a partial obstruction, resulting in a big vet bill.  Here's a reminder of how pretty he made those old blinds... every single one of them!


Recently, however, I decided to give it another go.  I chose the cheapest blinds possible as I didn't really have high hopes of success.  Then, I found this...


Have any of you used this stuff?  I am SOOOOO happy to have found it!  I put up the new blinds and sprayed them and then I waited.  I didn't have to wait long for Bode to come take a taste.  He most definitely was NOT  impressed.  I sprayed it on the throw rug, the garbage can, the couches, the recliners, the stone around the fireplace (yes, he tries to chew that as well), the end tables... you get the picture.  It has helped a lot! 


I did find a drawback today, though.  Cordelia was at our house and Maria gave her a cookie.  She took a little taste and wouldn't eat any more of it.  Maria then took a bite and discovered that it tasted like Bitter Cherry Spray.  Cordy's sweet little hands had been playing with the vertical blinds just before she took the cookie.  Oops. 

Thank-you for stopping by. Feel free to use my photos but please link them back to my blog. I am honored if you wish to share content of any of my posts on Facebook, Twitter, etc. as long as it is linked back to my blog.

3 comments:

Maria Rose said...

Small price to pay!

Unknown said...

Oh, poor Cordy! LOL! I might have to find this stuff -- I have the bitter apple, and it doesn't stop my dogs at all. Where did you find this??

Onlythemanager said...

Kate, I just got it at Walmart.

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...