Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sign Language

When I was in 8th grade I learned, along with some of my friends, how to do the alphabet in sign language.  We thought we were pretty clever.  We didn't need to pass  notes in class as we could talk with our fingers!  Well, most of what we signed were lively conversations such as "Hi" and maybe "How are you?"  As it turned out, having to sign each letter of a word was very tedious and not that much fun.

Later, I really became enthralled with signing.  I actually thought that when I graduated high school I would go on to become an interpreter for the deaf.  I'd picked out a college and thought maybe I'd even become a teacher for deaf children.

I discovered that was not my path.  However, I still love watching people use sign language.  At the Beth Moore/Travis Cottrell event I was seated where I could watch the interpreter a lot.  It was beautiful, especially the singing.  At one point they had her on stage to do a song.  I took some photos.  They don't show the true beauty but maybe you can get the idea.




I have forgotton what the song was but the last photo depicts Jesus on the cross.  It was so beautiful to watch.  I wish you could have been there.

Thank-you for stopping by. Feel free to use my photos but please link them back to my blog. I am honored if you wish to share content of any of my posts on Facebook, Twitter, etc. as long as it is linked back to my blog.

2 comments:

EJN said...

Susan,
Thanks for your post. I love to watch people sign, too. I know whenever I have a song or message translated into a different language it sinks deeply into my heart. Love the pix.
Thanks!
Jojo

The Leopard and Diva Draw said...

I've met you twice and I would love to see if you have any videos that you signed with Travis, it was so beauTIFUL AND SO TOUCHED BY THE GOD! GOD BLESS YOU!

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...