Friday, August 19, 2011

How Could This BEE Happening?

I was walking Bode, innocently sauntering along the sidewalk, when I was attacked! 
No, it wasn't thugs.
It wasn't even a lone bad guy.
I'm not sure what it was but I know it was

BIG

and it got stuck between my glasses and my eye.

It STUNG me before I could get my glasses off!
Thankfully, it got me just below my eyebrow, not right in my eye.

It hurt a LOT!

I suppose it was a bee.  Maybe it was a wasp or even a bat (I'm telling you, it felt really, really big) but for the purpose of this post, I am assuming it was a bee.

I instantly wished I had Benadryl on me.
I realized I had my cell phone in my pocket....good.
But, if I went into anaphylactic shock, would I be able to dial 911?

I started walking really fast to be sure I got home before the drama began.
Wait, wouldn't walking fast just make my blood pump faster, causing the vile poison to stream through my body even more quickly?

Ok, walk kind of fast but not too fast.

Be calm.

Wait...

Oh, a sudden realization...

I'm not allergic to bee stings, Mike is!

Whew!

 And here is how a bad thing became a good thing...

Recently I took some photos of bumble bees.
None of the bees posing for my photo shoot seemed annoyed by me and never once threatened to be mean to me.

 I wanted to use the photos on my blog, but how could I casually insert of photo of a bee into my conversation?

Well, Walaa!









3 comments:

Pam Brewer said...

You can officially add photographer to your long list of talents! But, bee careful. (Stunning photos!)

Onlythemanager said...

Pam, you are too sweet! Thanks.

Maria, yep, it hurt. Luckily it only hurt for a few hours.

Anna said...

Ouch! That sounds like something that would happen to me!

On the up side, your pictures are lovely!

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...