Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bode Buddy

Bode woke up sick today.

There is nothing quite like the smell of a sick dog at 4:30 a.m.!

It's probably something he ate.

He eats ANYTHING!

I am constantly grabbing items out of his mouth but sometimes I am just not quick enough and all I see is the tail-end of something colorful slipping down his throat, something that doesn't look like dog food.  He also grabs at anything growing, like flowers, and tries to eat them.  When I walk him I try to keep his leash short, in part to avoid pulling things from his mouth.  A few days ago, however, I didn't even notice that he'd managed to grab a stick until I walked by some people who were chuckling and looking at him.  I glanced down to see he was chewing on a fairly large stick while keeping pace with me.  He's pretty talented that way.

I don't know what is causing his trouble today but I hope it ends soon.  He's resting now.  I hope that is a good sign.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share some photos of Bode's week...

Bode and Bumblebee monitoring the neighborhood.  They are best buds!


Bode had just jumped up onto a chair but he did it while twisting and bouncing.  Somehow his back end flipped clear over the edge.  He tried to act like that was his intention all along and actually rested in this position for awhile.


Bode trying to snuggle while Maria is trying to crochet.

He's a lot of work, especially when he is sick, but he sure has added and element of fun and adventure to our family.

Get well soon, Bode Buddy!



4 comments:

Maria Rose said...

Poor Bode!

Unknown said...

Ah, I have one of those in my house, too!! We often have puppy stomach aches and early wake up calls! Give Bode a feel better hug from UT! The girls are rooting for him! ;)

Theresa said...

Bode is a cutie! I hope he is feeling better soon!

Onlythemanager said...

Thank you sweet people!

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...